1 cup rice
1 Potato diced
1/2 cup green peas
1 Onion sliced
6-7 curry leaves
4-5 green chillies
4-5 tbsp oil
2 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1tsp cumin seeds
2 dry red chillies
1 inch cinamon stick
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 cup dry shredded coconut
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp ghee
- Wash and soak the rice for half an hour.
- Fry the following ingredients in small kadhai:
dry red chillies
dry shredded coconut
- Grind all the above ingredients to dry masala powder without adding any water.
- Heat oil in cooker. Add mustard seeds. When they start spluttering add green chillies and onion.
- Add curry leaves. Fry till onion turns golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and masala powder done in second step. Fry for a minute.
- Add vegetables and fry for 2 mins.
- Add rice and stir nicely.
- Add 3 cups of water and salt to taste.
- Add ghee. Stir properly.
- Close the lid of pressure cooker and bring 1 whistle.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon.
Preparation time : 40 mins
Serves : 2
Tip : You can also add brinjal, tendli, carrot as per your choice.
This is my entry to event WYF Specialty food.