1 cup rice
1 cup Spinach leaves
1/2 cup coriander leaves
1 onion sliced
1 potato peeled and cut into cubes
2 green chillies
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp dhania powder
1 inch cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmertic/haldi
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp oil
- Wash rice and drain water. Spread it on plate and let it rest for some time.
- Grind together spinach leaves,coriander leaves and green chillies.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil.
- When oil becomes hot add cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick and bay leaf. Fry for a minute.
- Add sliced onions and ginger garlic paste. Fry till raw smell goes and onion becomes golden.
- Add spinach, coriander paste and potato cubes. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, dhania powder, garam masala. Stir well.
- Add rice and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add water, salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Close the lid of cooker and bring one whistle.
Preparation time: 30 minutes