Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Upasachi Batata bhaji ( Potato Sabji done on fasting days) and Awards :)

I am completely humbled and overjoyed with beautiful awards showered on me by my sweet blogger buddies.

Nithu (http://nithubala-recipes.blogspot.com/) and Devi (http://fresherscookbook.blogspot.com/) have shared with me this cute 'Smart Food Blogger Award'. Thank you so much both of you !! You have fantastic blogs and it is really encouraging to receive award from you!



Nithu has also shared with me these 'Blog lovin award' and 'Lovely Blog Award'. Thanks to you again dear for remembering me!!



Devi has also shared with me this 'Thank You' Award. So so Sweet of you Dearie!


Swapna Sree (http://swapnasridhar.blogspot.com/) and Suma (http://sumarowjee.blogspot.com/) have shared with me Kreative Blogger award. It means so much to me. Many many Thanks to both of you gals. Keep rocking with your beautiful blogs as always!


I would like to share all these awards with my blogger buddies. Please accept them.:

I would like to share 'Thank you' award with Nithu (http://nithubala-recipes.blogspot.com/) for all the encouragement. Also I would like to share 'Blog Lovin Award' and 'Lovely Blog Award' with Devi (http://fresherscookbook.blogspot.com/) . Please accept them!

Now coming to todays recipe:

In Maharashtra, there are many dishes made especially on fasting days. To name a few Sabudana/Tapioca Khichdi, Sweet potato fry, Varaiche tandul (Samo rice) are just to name a few. These dishes are so delicious its really hard to fast with such food prepared :) I remember as a child, for me and my bro fasting was just an excuse to relish on all these fantastic dishes. Fasting was left only to my parents :) This potato sabji is something which we always ask our mom to prepare. It is very easy and tastes great just by itself or as side item.

Ingredients:
4-5 medium sized potatoes
1/2 cup roasted groundnut powder (little coarse)
3-4 green chillies cut lengthwise
2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
2-3 tbsp ghee
salt

Method:
  1. Boil potatoes in pressure cooker till they are nicely cooked.
  2. Peel potatoes and mash them.
  3. In kadhai add ghee.
  4. When ghee melts add jeera, green chillies.
  5. Add potatoes, salt and groundnut powder. Mix well. Fry for 4-5 minutes.
  6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Preparation time: 20-25 minutes

27 comments:

Sushma Mallya said...

Putting roasted peanut powder to the bhaji is a great idea,just enhances its taste...looks simple and nice renuka...congraz on all your awards and hope lots more come your way

Priya Suresh said...

Congrats on ur awards Renuka..potato sabji looks simple, easy yet a delicious dish to enjoy during fasting..love the idea of adding peanuts..

Deepa G Joshi said...

congrats on your awards...you deserve it truly..

the batatyachi bhaji looks so tempting..

Ash said...

Kudos to you on all your achievements & TOFAS.....
And that prep is sure enjoyment at the time of a fast.....

Deary thanks for all the love & wishes u showered on me & my blog..... It really means a lot.... & wishes forever find their place in everyone's life..... They are very vital & important.... Thanks again.....

With lots of Love,

Ash....
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

BeenaShylesh said...

congrts on the awaed..

Suma said...

Congrats on getting the awards and thank you so much for sharing the awards with me!! Really very encouraging!

Aparna said...

gud one dear..thanks for sharing awards..keep going!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

congrats on your bunch of awards,,Thanks for sharing....Batata bhaji looks yummy...

Priya Narasimhan said...

looks like there are more awards in your blog than the recipes. :-) congratulations and nice simple recipe..

Namitha said...

Congrats on your award shower...Love potato bhaji and its versatility !

Suma said...

Bhaji sounds yumm.. another of your recipes I will be trying shortly.

Haddock said...

Oh yes we too had this last week in the office.

kitchen queen said...

congrats on all ur awards and Renuka thanks a lot for sharing the awards with me.Its a great honour for me to accept them.

Hayley said...

Congrats on your awards!!!vrat bhaji looks so delicious..i make the same way..my kids loves eat...:-))

Siddhi Shirsat said...

hey congrats renuka for the awards...thnx for sharign thm wid me, m happy 2 hv thm....this potato bhaji luks very yummy...loved the addtn of peanut powder in thm

Nithu Bala said...

Thank you Dear for the awards..will post soon in my blog:-)

Nithu Bala said...

Congrats on all your awards Dear:-)

Nithu Bala said...

Potato Sabji sounds interesting..will try soon..

Perspectivemedley said...

Hii Dear!:).. Congratulations on all the well deserving awards!!!:):).. and nice recipe, new to me.. looks very tempting!!.. thanks a ton for sharing the lovely awards with me!!:):)

Gomathy S said...

Congrats on your awards and I learnt a new dish today !

Gita Jaishankar said...

Congrats on all your awards dear :) The potato fry sounds very interesting...looks very delicious!

s said...

congrats on the award...the potato fry sounds GOOD!!

Renuka Bedre - Rao said...

Thanks alot all for your sweet comments!

Unknown said...

Wow Congrats dear on all ur awards,Sabji sounds great...Yummy and spicy...

Srividhya Ravikumar said...

Wow.. congrats on your award and this sabzi is delicious and new to me.. do drop in at my site whenever.. following you

Anonymous said...

Please e mail to recipes.Thank you.
zub.du@yahoo.com

Raksha said...

Congrats for the awards.


1st time visitor and a follower too.
Pls visit my blog, I am a new blogger.

http://rakshaskitchen.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly important to me. You can also send in your suggestions at cookingyummy@gmail.com Thanks for your valuable input!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails