3 cups sliced mushrooms
1 cup green peas/matar
1 onion sliced
1 tomato diced
1/2 inch ginger
3-4 garlic cloves
1/2 inch cinnamon stick
2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp dhania powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
1/2 tsp turmeric/haldi
1/4 cup milk
4-5 tsp oil
- Heat 2 tsp oil in small kadhai. Add cloves and cinnamon.
- Add garlic. Fry till it turns golden. Add sliced onion and ginger and fry till onion turns tender. Fry tomatoes till they become soft.
- Let this cool down and then grind to a smooth paste.
- In a deep kadhai, heat remaining oil. Add cumin seeds and turmeric.
- Add puree we prepared. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add milk and mix immediately so that milk does not curdle.
- Add peas and mushrooms. Add red chilli powder, dhania powder, garam masala and salt.Mix nicely. Add 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover with lid and cook till mushrooms are cooked nicely.
Preparation time : 20-25 minutes