Monday, November 30, 2009

Aloo Chana Chat

Street food is one of the important things I miss in US!!! I am a big fan of all the mouth watering chat dishes.Whenever I walk by any chat stall, I can hardly resist the temptation. Aloo Chana Chat is one such tasty,tangy and easy to make dish.

1 cup kabuli chana soaked for 5-6 hours
4 medium sized potatoes boiled
1 onion finely chopped
1 tomato finely chopped
coriander leaves finely chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 green chilly finely chopped
1 tsp chat masala
1 tsp red chilli powder

  1. Peel boiled potatoes and cut into small cubes.
  2. Pressure cook kabuli chana.
  3. When kabuli chana is hot add all the ingredients and mix well. It is this simple :)
Tip : You can also add mint/pudina chutney.

Preparation time : 15 minutes.


Ramya Manja said...

I have had the fortune to taste this Aloo Chana Chaat....It surely Tastes Yummy & Chatpatta!!

Renuka Bedre - Rao said...

my pleasure u liked it Ramya!! Thanks dear!!

sangeeta said...

hey you have a great blog with homely recipes...i loved this chhole alu chat's a favorite at my place n your pic looks yummy....

Renuka Bedre - Rao said...

Thanks Sangeeta..Glad you loved this. Chat is my favorite too :)

Sharmilee! :) said...

This sounds interesting..will try it!

Muzammil said...

Hey I tried it today and it came out really YUMMY...!!! for a change i added some tamarind.. :)

Renuka Bedre - Rao said...

Thanks a bunch Muzzu! nice idea of adding tamarind!

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly important to me. You can also send in your suggestions at Thanks for your valuable input!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails